Do you still believe that Brussel sprouts are bitter, difficult to cook and generally unpalatable? Forget this. Sour-sweet dressing of this salad, along with creamy Feta cheese, sweet pomegranate seeds and honey-coated walnuts, will turn the Brussel sprouts, stir-fried and baked in their turn, into something really delectable, tender and aromatic. Dare to try and you’ll be genuinely impressed by this winter and yet so colourful a salad!
350 g Brussel sprouts
100 g Feta cheese, diced
50 g walnuts
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp narsharab (can be substituted by 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar)
½ pomegranate seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 o C.
2. Cut away the sprouts’ stems and peel any loose leaves. Wash thoroughly and dry them with paper towel.
3. Put the pan over high heat and add oil and Brussel sprouts. Salt to taste and stir-fry it until begins to brown.
4. Put the sprouts in a baking pan and bake them for 8-10 min until soften.
5. Spread the walnuts over a baking sheet and bake them for 4-5 min until begin to brown.
6. Take them out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with honey. Mix thoroughly.
7. In a serving dish, mix Brussel sprouts, pomegranate seeds, narsharab (or balsamic vinegar) and freshly ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly and let it rest for 5 min.
8. Add cheese and nuts. Mix once more and serve immediately.
NB: You can also add grapes (cut in halves) or dices pear to the salad to avail it.