The holidays have finished and it’s a high time we moved on in our culinary explorations and tried something new. These biscuits are just ideal for this purpose: incredibly easy and quick to make, made of simple enough ingredients, and yet mouth-wateringly delicious. Indulge yourself with these light and soft cottage cheese ‘cushions’ with delicate citrusy aroma and just a perfect amount of dark chocolate sprinkling that will make your winter days just a bit cozier.
100 g butter, room temperature
200 g cottage cheese, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
120-150 g sugar
250 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp orange liquor (may be replaced with orange juice, rum or cognac)
1 orange zest, finely grated
1 lemon zest, finely grated
60 g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
- Whip butter with sugar until whitened.
- Continuing whipping add orange and lemon zest, egg, liquor, and cottage cheese.
- Mix flour with baking powder, and add it to the butter-cheese mixture. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Use two teaspoons to make biscuits and put them on the baking sheet keeping intervals.
- Bake the biscuits for 18-20 min until slightly browned and let them cool down.
- Melt chocolate over a Bain Marie. Be careful not to let the bowl with the chocolate touch the water surface.
- Put the chocolate in an icing bag or its analogue and decorate the biscuits.