I’m crazy about greenery: aside from being extremely beneficial for your health, it helps you to stay optimistic, energetic and concentrated throughout the week. Obviously, in winter we don’t have many green vegetables or fruit, but, luckily, we have Brussel sprouts! Many people avoid them because of their natural bitterness, yet with this recipe, you’ll doubtlessly fall in love with this precious vegetable! Stewed with carrots and covered with delicious meat sauce with meatballs, it makes for an excellent, filling yet energizing side dish or gravy. So, don’t miss this opportunity while it’s still time for Brussel sprouts!
500 g ground beef or pork
400 g Brussel sprouts
150 g carrot, peeled, roughly grated
150 g onion, peeled, chopped
3 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a teaspoon to roll meatballs from ground beef or pork.
- Bring a large amount of water to a boil. Salt it, and boil the Brussel sprouts for 10-15 min. Then, drain them.
- Pre-heat frying pan, and add some oil and onion. Stir-fry until onion softens.
- Add carrot and again, stir-fry it until softens.
- Add meatballs one by one and stir-fry them for approx. 20 min. under a closed lid.
- Finally, add pre-cooked Brussel sprouts to the stew and stir-fry for 5 more min.
- Serve hot with rice, buckwheat, or even pasta.