These biscuits are incredibly easy to make, yet they look great and taste even better. The combination of cottage cheese and juicy apples is truly delectable, and thin cinnamon-sugar crust perfectly complements it. So, if you still have a couple of winter apples, try this and you certainly won’t regret it!
200 g cottage cheese
200 g butter, chilled and chopped
300 g flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 middle-sized apples, peeled
2 tbsp water
200 g sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tbp ground cloves (optional, can be replaced with more cinnamon)
1. Put all the ingredients for the dough in a food processor and blend everything together until you get rough clumps. If you don’t have a food processor, grate the butter and put it in the fridge for 1 hour. Then, add all the other ingredients and pulverize everything with your hands.
2. Make a dough ball, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Mix the egg with water until homogeneity.
4. Mix sugar with the spices.
5. Remove the apple cores and cut every apple into 12-18 segments (depending on the size).
6. Pre-heat oven to 180 o C.
7. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out into a thin sheet on the board sprinkled with flour.
8. Take the cup with roughly the same diameter as that of your apples, and with its help cut out small disks.
9. Smear each disk with egg mixture, put a piece of apple on a half of the disk and cover it with the other half.
10. Smear the top of the biscuit with egg mixture once more, and put it the egg-side down into sugar mixture and slightly press.
11. Do the same with the rest of the disks.
12. Put the clipped pieces into a ball once more, roll out again and repeat the steps 8-10.
13. Put the biscuits at the baking sheet covered with baking paper.
14. Bake the biscuits for 20-25 min and let them cool down at the baking sheet.